Monday, August 22, 2011

BJH Security Strikes Again; a Sequel.

...I looked again at all the injustice that goes on in this world. The oppressed were crying, and no one would help them. No one would help them, because their oppressors had power on their side.
- Eccl. 4:1 (GNT)


Don't be surprised when you see that the... [mighty oppress] ...the poor and denies them justice and their rights. Every official is protected by someone higher, and both are protected by still higher officials.
- Eccl. 5:8 (GNT)



Prior to Saturday July 9, 2011
  • The events of Friday July 8, 2011 have been documented elsewhere. Please refer to my last blog for more specific details.


  • To summarize:
    • I had shown up to work.
    • I was assaulted and brutally beaten by BJH Security personnel.
    • All manners of false and misleading information about me was disseminated, including:
      • I was “mentally unstable” and had a history thereof
      • I had been terminated weeks prior due to "mental instability."
    • I was held against my will and forcedly subjected to endure two different emergency department visits, back to back, under the false pretext that I was a danger to myself and other people.
    • After being deemed to be of a normal frame of mind and psychiatrically “stable” by two hospitals, (which included one full psychiatric evaluation at SLU), I was released at around 7 am on 7/9/11.
    • During the assault and battery on my person by BJH Security staff on 7/8/11, they had forcibly taken possession of my personal properties: a laptop and a thumb-drive.
      • BJH/Wash U is still holding on to my thumb-drive.

Saturday, July 9, 2011
  • I went back to BJH to request the return of my laptop.


  • Upon arriving at the hospital, I proceeded directly to the Information Area near the water fountain at the South Entrance, a public area in the hospital.


  • I called the security office, fully identified myself, and I requested my laptop be returned.


  • I was informed, over the phone that my laptop was with “investigative services” and wouldn’t be returned; I replied that I will they should expect hearing from my lawyer.


  • After ending the call, I went to the cafeteria, bought two drinks, and immediately exited the hospital.


  • I met up with my brother at the South Entrance, gave him a drink, and we were headed to my car, when we were accosted by BJH Security, again.


  • The event afterwards is as captured in the embedded video of the most recent post.


Concerning the Video:
  • The video was shot by BJH Security people
    • It was obtained via subpoena
    • I am surprised that I was being fully tracked and followed by the camera.

  • Throughout my encounter with the BJH Security, I neither was asked to leave the premises nor was accorded the courtesy of being escorted off the premises.
    • There was a time I got up to leave but was shouted at to sit back down.
    • I tried as much as possible to remain calm and cooperative.


  • This was the first time I was informed that I was trespassing.
    • I was quite surprised and informed them I was not aware of any restriction of my movement on the property, more so since I was still legally employed and a resident.
    • The guards indicated that I had been warned the day before (while I was being severely beaten, detained, and violated?)
      • I informed them that I do not recall conversation but will now take note of it.
      • I asked that I be allowed to leave and will not return to the hospital; my request was denied.


  • Given that I had just been seriously beaten and violated less than 24hrs prior by these same individuals, I stretched out my hands and my legs.
    • In spite of my trying to be civil and cooperative, I was again assaulted, beaten up, sustaining serious physical injuries (including head trauma), not to mention the psychological and emotional trauma of experiencing 2 assaults (within 24 hours) at a hospital I’ve worked in for 3 years, at the hands of individuals I’ve bumped into (and greeted!) over the years.


  • I was taken to the security center of BJH.
    • I should point out that I was in serious pain due to my arms and wrists being twisted by the two security personnel that dragged me back into the hospital.


Interlude:
  • While in the Security Center, amongst other things, I was cuffed with about 3 - 4 handcuffs, tightly.
    • Repeated calls by me to ease the hand-cuffs were rebuffed
    • I overheard that I was being charged with:
      • Six counts of 3rd degree assault and
      • One count of trespassing.

  • I was taken to an outside hospital, St. Alexius, with both upper extremities cuffed to the stretcher.
    • Mind you, I had sustained head trauma and was bleeding while in the Security Center.


Another Psych Evaluation (Again?):
  • I later learned that the primary reason for the trip to St. Alexius Hospital was for yet another psychiatric evaluation for an alleged history of being mentally “unstable.”


  • On arrival to St. Alexius, there was a palpable hesitation by the emergency room clinicians on the need of another psychiatric evaluation, given I had just undergone an evaluation less than 24hrs at Saint Louis University ED.


  • I had to wait in another “padded room” for about 12-14 hrs until I was evaluated by a psychiatrist.
    • The psychiatrist arrived at 12 midnight Sunday morning (7/10/11).
    • While waiting:
      • My left hand was cuffed to stretcher.
      • My legs were cuffed together at the ankles.
      • I was under arrest and guarded by St. Louis police officers.
      • I was denied any form of contact with my family, lawyer, friends, etc, even though my family was in the waiting area adjacent to the ED (and waited for about 10 hours, straight.)
    • Thankfully, I was, again, deemed mentally and psychiatrically stable and “fit for confinement.”


  • I was consequently transported to jail.
    • I was in a holding cell with tens of other individuals.
    • I was chained-cuffed to other inmates; hungry and partially blind (my glasses had being taken by the police); and humiliated beyond words, until around 3:30pm on Monday July 11, 2011.
    • A bond had to be posted in order to secure my release.

  • At St. Alexius, I overheard comments about:
    • BJH committing an EMTALA violation in transporting me to their facility without an accepting physician on their end.
    • Various health providers struggling to understand the rationale behind my being transported to their facility when I could have been evaluated and treated at BJH.
      • (At BJH, the ED was a couple of feet from the Security Center.)
Psych Eval.St. Alexius Hospital





On the Assault Charges:
  • Six BJH Security officers alleged that I assaulted them during the incident captured in the video above.

  • Luckily, and thank God, the assault charges were dropped by the prosecutor.
Police Incident Report





On the Trespass Charge:
  • The basis by which BJH/Wash U is indicating that I trespassed on 7/09/11 is on the verbal warning I was allegedly given on Friday, while I was being beaten by these same individuals.
    • I have no recollection of such warning.
    • The case is still ongoing in court at this time.


  • Going over things:
    • A Saint Louis City summons was initially issued for the trespass charge on 07/09/11.
    • By Sunday morning, after being deemed psychiatrically and mentally stable, the City Summons had been changed to a State of Missouri charge
    • There is quite a significant difference between the City trespass charges vs. one from the State.
      • Being found guilty of the trespass charge would make it next to impossible to practice medicine.


  • I wonder:
    • Why I am being charged for trespassing at a place I’ve been a resident for 3 years, and
    • Why Wash U Psych Department haven’t intervened in any way.
City Court Summons
Trespass Charge 22nd Judicial Circuit Court

Letter From Protective Services

Letter July 13, 2011





Other Criminal Activities Alleged by BJH/Wash U:
  • On 07/09/11, BJH/Wash U reported to the Federal authorities, in addition to the charges above, that I had made "threats" against the US Government and the US Army
    • This triggered an investigation by the FBI and the Department of Defense.
    • I have been cleared of all these allegations by these two organizations, after intensive scrutiny and investigation.
      • I still remain a commissioned officer in the US Army.

  • I am not exactly sure when or how on 7/9/11 I was supposed to have made these terror threats against the US Government or the US Army, as alleged by BJH/Wash U.

Jail time
  • I spent almost 48hrs in a crammed holding cell for a crime I did not commit and based on allegations from people I had trusted and worked with for three solid years.
    • This is one of the most hounding experiences of my life.
      • If I do have the tendency of being "unstable," as alleged by BJH/Wash U, the environment and experience of jail was perfect for "destabilization" and  unmasking any "defenses."
        • Unfortunately, there were some inmates who "lost it" and became frankly psychotic, while I was in jail.
        •  BJH/Wash U is yet to articulate a cogent reason for their drumbeat assertion and mantra, alleging that I am "unstable."

  • I had never been in jail before.

  • I had never been in hand cuffs before.

  • I had never been in leg cuffs before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An ear that's quick to hear; a mind that is rational and objective; and a heart that is empathic.