The following was my last post on SDN before the thread was taken down, for the second time:
Manicsleep had written
You voluntarily resigned...whats the big deal? Just walk away.I replied:
That's part of the point though: I didn't voluntarily resign but forced to hand it in. Also, clinically, I completed my third year.
Concerning walking away, I'm not a person who's into big fights or has an "ego." I would have gladly left the program but all my transfer attempts was blocked by the program; they absolutely refused to let me transfer, while at the same time denying me from going on to 4th year, even though I fully and completely carried my own weight throughout 3rd year.
However, there's still so much to come, including:
- Being beaten up 2x (I'm still trying to fully recover)
- Labeled a "security threat," with a campus-wide email sent to the entire hospital staff, which had my DOB and picture.
- My picture was posted around the hospital that people should be on the look-out for me.
- I was hauled to three hospitals (all within a 48 hour period) for "psychiatric evaluations”; BJH/Wash U Psych claimed I was "mentally unstable" and that I had being "fired" for "mental instability."
Thank God, all the hospitals I was taken to for psych evaluation couldn't find anything to corroborate BJH/Wash U's story and was let go, after hours of being holed up in three different ER padded room. (Mind you, I'm talking about three different hospitals within a 24 hour period!)
As if the preceding wasn't enough, BJH/Wash U further leveled false charges against me: six counts of 3rd degree assault and one count of trespassing! I had to spend approximately 48hr in a holding cell with tens of other people; I only got out after posting a bond.
Luckily, the prosecutor dropped the six counts of assault but kept the trespass charge. The funny thing is: how can I be trespassing while I was still legally employed and was going about my normal business, like everyone else?
BTW, the two instances wherein I was physically assaulted by BJH security, I wasn't causing any form of commotion or constituting a public nuisance.
In the first assault instance, the security officers stormed my office (yes, I was inside my clinic office); although I fully cooperated with them, l was still "taken down." The second assault happened right outside the hospital, while I was on my way to my car.
The feds got involved because of the security threat allegations and cleared me, thankfully.
So, in a way, you beat me to the punch-line: a big part of what I'm doing is to get this stuff out there, for my own safety and that of my family; I'm not concerned about careers or professions at this point.
- Why was I deemed as "mentally unstable," a "security threat," beaten up two times, hauled to jail for ~ 48 hours, and charged with assault and trespassing by my own department, which was supposed to be on my side?
And if any of the allegations was credible, then why did three hospitals clear me psychiatrically, the feds didn't find anything to substantiate the threat allegations, and the prosecutor dismissed the six counts of assault?
To say the least, I experienced the darkest side of psychiatry and the law at the hands of my own program. I have never been to jail or placed in hand-cuffs and/or leg-chains until my department concocted lies and false allegations against me.
I could care less about my psychiatric career but why go all the way to destroy my life? For what?
I'll keep up with my blog, for this issue has been dragging on since Nov/Dec 2010 up until now. During that period, I kept up with my clinical duties; I had no adverse clinical outcomes. I was also generally loved by my patients and the clinical staff, except for the authorities: Zorumski, Farber, and Harbit.
Oh, one last thing, all the beatings, being dragged to the hospitals, and false accusations occurred between July 8 - July 11; my third year was supposed to end on July 11.
Also, I can't go into finer details at this time; I will, however, be extremely wary of a program that can go to such extremes against someone who was supposed to be trained and nurtured. They could just have let me transfer out and complete my 4th year somewhere else.
So sorry to hear about all these
ReplyDeleteAm sure the Good Lord will vindicate you speedily!
The lord be with you!
Quite sad to hear!