- Eccl. 10: 5 - 6 (GNT)
... [for] a little stupidity can cancel out the greatest wisdom.
- Eccl. 10: 1 (GNT)
- In Missouri, the penalty for a conviction of Trespass, 1st degree (Misdemeanor, Class B):
- Up to $500 fine, and/or up to 6 months in jail
- I received the following "recommendation" from the attorney prosecuting my Trespassing charge:
- Plead guilty to the charge of Trespassing
- One year of probation with Eastern Missouri Alternative Sentencing Services, Inc. (EMASS; http://www.dwi-emass.com/) with the following stipulations:
- Maintain psychiatric treatment as prescribed, if prescribed, by EMASS
- Stay out of all BJC and WashU properties, unless when seeking emergency medical treatment in the ED
- Completion of 40 hours of community service
- Payment of court costs
- In accepting the recommendation, I will get in return:
- No formal conviction on my record
- However, my "prior involvement with the law will be available to law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, judges, and probation officers."
- Before jumping straight to psychiatric treatment prescription, what happened to:
- Having an initial diagnostic psychiatric assessment?
- The formulation of an appropriate and adequate treatment plan?
- More poignantly, what is the basis for the "psych treatment" recommendation? Given that:
- I was assaulted and battered, twice (2), by BJH Security personnel within a literal period of 24 hours.
- I was denied urgent (and potentially life-saving/morbidity-reducing) medical treatment for injuries inflicted by BJH Security personnel.
- Mind you, during both episodes of assault and battery, I was "subdued" by over 6 - 7 large-sized individuals.
- I was dehumanized through illegal detention, being spurned, and traumatically humiliated; my hands were chained to stretchers and chairs; and I was forcibly subjected to three (3) unnecessary and ill-intentioned psychiatric evaluations, all within a period of 24 hours.
- After 3 medical evaluations and 2 full psychiatric evaluations (we are counting over five medical professionals here!):
- I was deemed both medically and psychiatrically stable, after which
- I was maliciously imprisoned for approximately 48 hours on false allegations by:
- My residency program, Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine (Chairman: Charles "Chuck" Zorumski, MD)
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital, a placed I did three years of residency training.
- Holds a bachelor's degree in the biological sciences and a master's degree in computational sciences.
- While in graduate school, developed (and still maintains) a strong interest in mathematics, algorithm and software design, computational complexity, and biomedical informatics.
- Got an osteopathic medical degree from UMDNJ-SOM.
- Has years of biomedical research experience and still maintains active research interests
- Worked with great minds @ Brookhaven National Lab.
- Serves as a commissioned officer in the United States Army Reserve
- Commissioned officers are, technically, appointed by the President of the United States and have to obtain a security clearance (Secret) prior to being commissioned.
- Prior to the events of 07/09/2011, had no prior arrest record or history of incarceration.
- Has no prior psychiatric history or prior psychiatric hospitalizations
- (This shouldn't be a badge of honor, if not for BJH/WUSM malicious and purposeful disinformation that I am "unstable" and have a history thereof; more on this later.)
- Maintains an active engagement in various community service activities.
On the Definition of "Trespassing" (By Order of BJH/WUSM?)
- An alleged Trespass violation, which was caught on video
- The video showed that I was subjected to assault and battery by numerous BJH Security Guards.
- Other crimes and offenses alleged by BJH Security Personnel:
- I assaulted six of them with the weapons of "hand, fists, and feet."
- (Not a joke! This is a direct quote from the police report.)
- I made "threats" of national significance and worthy of investigation by the DOD and FBI
- Interestingly, this "threat" I allegedly made was reported on 07/10/11 (and not on 07/09/11, the day of my arrest), after it was obvious that I would not be committed to a psychiatric facility.
- Other false statements made by BJH/WUSM include:
- I had been "fired" 3 - 4 weeks prior to 07/09/2011 and hadn't seen patients since then.
- I had a documented "history" of being "unstable" and it was the reason for my being fired
- I had been given a prior trespass warning about not showing up to work
- For each of the preceding alleged offences and deliberate defamatory statements
- BJH/WUSM is yet to provide any credible proof:
- How about a termination letter?
- How about a written (or verbal) correspondence to me, stating I should keep off BJH/WUSM Medical Campus prior to 07/09/11?
- Since receiving Mr. Zimmerman's letter to keep off BJH/WUSM Medical Center's "immaculate" properties (which, by the way, was dated 07/11/11), I haven't stepped foot thereon
- I don't need to; it would be "unstable" of me.
- Of course, I mean, who would do such a thing in their right mind?
- Definitely not after two beatings, 48hrs of jail time, and three forced psychiatric evaluations (all within 24hrs!)
- This gives a painfully strong indication that someone (or thing?) is desperately trying to cover-up something, don’t you agree?
My Confessions
- I saw several psychiatrists, back to back (and in frenzy), for the first time in my life, on 07/08/2011; to say the least:
- For the first time (and contrary to the admonishments I give my patient), I was deathly afraid and fearful of being "committed" or of voluntarily “signing in” to a psych ward
- I knew the whole "psych ward haunting" was a deliberate and malicious ploy, by BJH/WUSM, to discredit me and undermine my ongoing discrimination case against them.
- It's a public secret: once people know you have a "psych" history, your credibility sinks hard and drops fast like lead.
- Unfortunately but not unexpected, BJH/WUSM's incessant pursuit of disinformation and mischaracterization of my person, by their mantric and short-sighted refrian that I am "unstable," rationally justified my fears.
- Another unfortunate "side-effect" of BJH/WUSM's Psychiatry Dept continued ill-portrayal of the ongoing drama as being the direct consequence of an alleged mental illness I have:
- They are contributing to the persistent and prevalent social stigmatization of psychiatric illnesses
- This ill-advised and sustained statement coming from a supposed top academic psychiatric center, is all the more unsettling.
- If I were truly "sick" or "unstable," WUSM Psychiatry Dept and BJH should have helped and not exposed me to the world
- And that's not counting the assaults, private property seizure, illegal detainment, psychiatric ward "shopping," false allegations and charges, false imprisonment, and the ongoing malicious prosecution.
- [Chuck, my dear friend, I'm not surprised at your actions (or inactions); I told you in February that your department had a serious problem with empathy.]
- In addition to being afraid during my forced psychiatric evaluations, I was also very much ashamed and deeply concerned.
- I was ashamed that I had chosen (and trained for 3 years) in an area of medicine where quackery can be easily passed off as an air-tight science and "subjective" observations (which were easily discernible as tainted with conflicts of interest and skewed towards the basest of human emotions) can be sold as objective truths.
- I am deeply concerned that the "dark and evil" days of psychiatry are still with us.
- I was once taught, and believed, that the "medical model" of psychiatry (aka the "Wash U Standard") slew the unruly "beast" that plagued that period, bringing that era to an end; alas, I was grossly misinformed!
On the Proto-Genesis of this Evolving Saga:
- As you might have surmised
- Weeks into my PGY-3 year, and on the tail-end of a medical emergency in a close family member
- I developed doubts in the supremacy and adequacy of the "medical model" in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of psychiatric illnesses.
- Those doubts eventually took root and blossomed, gradually but strongly, throughout the academic year.
- [We'll leave the mechanics and the machinations as to how my resignation letter was "stressed" out of me for a later time.]
Letter informing of offer from the prosecutor:
07/09/11 @ St. Alexius, Suicide Risk Assessment:
07/09/11 @ St. Alexius, Nursing Notes:
07/09/11 @ St. Alexius, Labs:
Psychiatry Department Approval for Moonlighting for PGY-2 and PGY-3 years:
Supplemental Police Report:
No comments:
Post a Comment
An ear that's quick to hear; a mind that is rational and objective; and a heart that is empathic.