May 31, 2012
The Honorable Lamar Smith
Chairman, House Committee on the Judiciary
2138 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Chairman, House Committee on the Judiciary
2138 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
The Honorable Howard McKeon
Chairman, House Committee on Armed Services
2120 Rayburn House Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20515
Chairman, House Committee on Armed Services
2120 Rayburn House Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20515
Dear Chairmen Smith and McKeon:
A Humble Request for your Intervention in the Ongoing Violation of the Civil Rights of a Black Military Physician.
A Humble Request for your Intervention in the Ongoing Violation of the Civil Rights of a Black Military Physician.
Sirs, I write this humble petition within my capacity as a United States Citizen and as a Commissioned Officer in the United States Army Reserve, and not necessarily as a citizen of a specific state, within the federation of the United States of America. If the actions taken against me by the private entities named in this petition had occurred on a foreign soil, they would probably amount to an act of declaration of war against the United States. All I seek and request through this medium is a full and fair inquiry/investigation into the allegations herein made.
I am specifically writing your committees for, in my humble opinion, they both have significant oversight and responsibilities in regards to the three central issues at crossroads in my situation:
- The United States Constitution and the rights guaranteed therein,
- The notion of Justice, Equity, and Fairplay as practiced and enforced within the continental United States, regardless of race, national origin, or social status, and
- The respect and gratitude accorded to United States Servicemen/Servicewomen by law enforcement agencies, especially during this period when the society expects and demands much from them.
My humble opinion was reached per the information gleaned from your respective committees’ website:
House Committee on the Judiciary:
"The jurisdiction of the House Committee on the Judiciary as follows: … 5. Civil Liberties….7. Criminal law enforcement….19. Subversive activities affecting the internal security of the United States."
House Committee on Armed Services
(specifically in reference to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel):
(specifically in reference to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel):
"This subcommittee makes sure that our troops and their loved ones are receiving the first class benefits that they deserve."
Sirs, my family and I are undergoing undue and unnecessary spiritual, emotional, and financial hardships, wholly as a result of my being an officer in the United States Army Reserves (USAR) and for faithfully discharging my military obligations within the continental United States, during this period of war.
Specifically, while I was in full military uniform and in the course of performing my military duties, I was subjected to the following:
- I was viciously attacked twice by twelve to fifteen individuals, wherein I sustained significant bodily and psychological harm; there were no provocative or inciteful actions on my part, prior to been attacked by these individuals.
- I was held against my will, forcibly and in inhumane conditions, for over 18 hours, with a total and complete deprivation of my human and civil rights.
- I was forced to endure three psychiatric evaluations at three different hospitals, within a period of 24 hours, in dehumanizing conditions. (In each of these psychiatric evaluations, I was adjudged medically and psychiatrically stable.)
- I was jailed for 2 days on trumped-up charges and was prosecuted maliciously for six months. Although the false criminal charges levied against me were later dismissed with prejudice and the arrest/criminal record expunged, it was at a significant financial ($40,000.00 [forty thousand dollars]) and emotional cost.
- My family and I were subjected to needless probing and scrutiny through the false and malicious report to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that I am a terrorist, who has direct links to Osama bin Laden. After an extensive investigation by the FBI, nothing could be found to neither corroborate the allegations made against me nor warrant the suspicion that I am a terrorist.
- On February 02, 2012, my home was forcibly broken into by Saint Louis City Police Officers; these officers drew guns on my infant son, broke doors to bedrooms, which were unlocked and visibly open, and completely wrecked my house.
My family and I were forced to endure these criminal actions through the activities of various agents and surrogates of Barnes Jewish Hospital/Washington University School of Medicine (BJH/WUSM) in Saint Louis, MO, and at the hands of some unscrupulous police officers of the Saint Louis Metropolitan Police Department (SLMPD).
Sirs, when I joined the USAR, I took an oath (willingly and proudly [and I still am!]) to pay the ultimate personal sacrifice, in support and defense of “the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." My humble request and imploration through this medium, is that you please intervene in my ongoing plight by having my case vigorously looked into and a fair and full investigation conducted into the circumstances and issues surrounding the events described above.
I still believe that the United States is the beacon of hope to the World, in the staunch and unremitting defense and protection of human and civil rights; Sirs, please help.
Thank you for your care, concern, and assistance; and may God bless the United States of America!
Sincerely,
Alade, Oladimeji, MSc, D.O.
Captain, United States Army Reserves.
Captain, United States Army Reserves.
PS: My email address and cell phone number are: oladimeji.alade@us.army.mil and 631.316.8101.
CC:
United Nations Human Rights, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
Miscellaneous national and international news organizations
United Nations Human Rights, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
Miscellaneous national and international news organizations
No comments:
Post a Comment
An ear that's quick to hear; a mind that is rational and objective; and a heart that is empathic.