Sunday, October 2, 2011

"a luta continua, vitória é certa"

…Our struggle is... against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world….
- Ephesians 6: 12 (NIV)


I trust in the Lord for safety. How foolish of you to say to me, "Fly away like a bird...."
 - Psalm 11: 1 (GNT)


Some trust in their war chariots and others in their horses, but we trust in the power of the Lord our God. Such people will stumble and fall, but we will rise and stand firm.
- Psalm 20: 7 – 8 (GNT)



I am grateful for the overwhelming support from friends, well-wishers, and supporters. This is indeed an epic battle, for it is my personal belief that I am not the first to face the wrath, fury, and rage of these twin juggernaut institutions: Barnes Jewish Hospital/Washington University School of Medicine (BJH/WUSM), unjustly and unfairly.

Given the relative ease and calmness in the execution of injustices towards my person, the absence of an intra-institutional outcry against the dastardly acts perpetuated, and the well-organized machinery suppressing and retarding the discovery of truth, I believe there must have been other less fortunate resident physicians who have been crushed, their lives frustrated beyond measure, in the bowels of BJH/WUSM. (This is equivalent to a mother eating her own children.) The only "crime" I and these other residents are "guilty" of is choosing to pursue our graduate medical education (GME) at BJH/WUSM; the keyword here is “education.”

I transplanted myself from the Northeast to Saint Louis, MO (where I had no friends, family, or relatives) to train at BJH/WUSM in June 2008. They were supposed to be mentors, teachers, and colleagues, not my executioners. I was to be nurtured and groomed to be proficient in the craft and practice of medicine, not to have my hopes, dreams, and ambitions snuffed out even before my career began. In all these, we've not even started tallying the energy, time, money, and sacrifices expended by countless individuals towards my medical training, prior to my arrival at BJH/WUSM. The truth is, if all resident physicians at BJH/WUSM received the same treatment meted to me by BJH/WUSM, there will be no GME at these institutions.

It is one thing for BJH/WUSM to help their resident physicians fully optimize their potentials, it is another to subject them to:
  • 2 beatings at the hands of your security personnel
  • Confisticate their personal laptops and USB-drives, going through their personal files and documents without permission
  • Force them to endure 3 psychiatric evaluations at 3 different hospitals, within a period of 24 hours, in dehumanizing conditions
  • Force them to spend 2 days in jail
  • Charge them with criminal trespass while they are still legally employed at your institutions
  • Manufacture lies and falsely accuse them, claiming:
    • They have been terminated from your residency programs
    • They have histories of "mental instability"
    • They are "terrorists" with links to Osama bin Laden and reporting such to the FBI and the Department of Defense, thereby subjecting them to needless probing and scrutiny. (This unnecessarily wastes and diverts limited and precious resources in the pursuit of actual terrorists; BJH/WUSM's act, one can argue, actually worsens national security.) 
    • Claim they assaulted 6 of your security personnel
    • Make statements (with no objective basis and in public) that they should be considered "armed and dangerous" -- [Chuck, I heard you, loud and clear; Nuri, you sat speechless, saying nothing.]
    • Email their pictures and biographic data to your entire hospital staff
    • Have posters of their face placed throughout your hospital

As I write this, the criminal trespass prosecution against me is still ongoing; my next court date is October 13, 2011. BJH/WUSM is still yet to produce any evidence (credible or otherwise) to substantiate their assertion that, as of 07/09/2011, I wasn’t authorized to be on the hospital premises. They are still making this false assertion, even though I had been a resident doctor at their institutions for 3 years.

Concerning requests for interviews, please contact my lead attorney:
Andrew “Mazi” Ucheomumu, Esq.
The Ucheomumu Law Group, LLC
4938 Hampden Lane, #133
Bethesda, MD 20814
Email: Andrew@UcheomumuLaw.com
Work: 301.633.0079
Fax: 301.830.6094
I again express my sincerest thanks for the outpouring of support; it is good to know I’m not in this fight alone. I remain humbled and deeply touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An ear that's quick to hear; a mind that is rational and objective; and a heart that is empathic.